Tuesday, April 12, 2011

it's a heart attack waiting to happen...

i think it was monday that nicole and i were talking about this sandwich she recently had while in europe.  she didn't remember much about it except it had sliced hard boiled egg and bacon on it.  while we were talking about it, i just kept adding to how i think the sandwich should be and couldn't get the stupid thing out of my head, so i came home and made it tonight.
i fried up bacon, boiled and sliced an egg, sliced tomato, sliced avocado, toasted tasty bread and made vena's super quick and easy garlic aioli (i had to call her and find out how to make it...i thought it was going to be much harder).

in my head, it's going to be good. or it could be farking terrible.  either way, it's a heart attack waiting to happen!

shit.  it was delicious.  i will be having this heart attack in the future.   i don't know why i thought it might be kind of gross.  everything i love is on it.  therefore, it should all be together in a sandwich.  mmmmm....bacon.
i fucking love bacon.

on another note, but also related to work and food, i was eyeballing xine's salad in the break room the other day when she was making it.  she had these delightful little seeds on it that totally looked like mini dinosaur eggs (or what i think dinosaur eggs should look like) and she told me they were chia seeds.  oh, yes...that's correct...CHIA SEEDS!  i guess i've never had a chia pet, so i didn't know what the seeds looked like.  and who knew they were so good for you.  so she showed up today with the cutest little tub of chia seeds for me to try:
it has a seal sticker on it!!!


they are tiny and adorable.  i'm looking forward to sprinkling them on the next salad i have.  
thanks xine!!

i was going to have a salad for dinner tonight, but the heart attack wouldn't get out of my mind.  if i die in my sleep, you know i died full and happy :)

1 comment:

  1. I totes cheated putting chia on my salad that day. I was feeling a little low in the omega-3 area, I reckon.

    Like I mentioned, my favorite is eating them plain, with nuts, so as to enjoy picking them out of my teeth later. That is best to do if you're listening to a lecture, rather than giving one; it's an entertaining and safe-for-work use of your tongue.

    When I enjoy them, I like to capitalize on their gel-creating qualities. They make a lovely breakfast mush if you add water. I add chopped and/or dehydrated fruit, too, when I feel fancy.

    Mostly, I keep them around to thicken my dressings. They absorb something like one billion their weight in water and make a gel, like how flaxseeds do.

    I know peeps who love themselves some chia pudding. I've never made it.

    ReplyDelete